Thursday, February 18, 2010

I want to change my life, or at least parts of it...

Nothing big. I love the building bricks of my life...my husband, kids, family....wouldn't change a thing. But in the spirit of this Project- and by the way, it's time I got back on this blog and back to the project right?- I want to conquer the annoyances caused by bad habits.

I want to exercise...consistently.

I want to lose a little weight. Boy I had fun putting it on after Dad died, but I think it dishonors his memory and certainly dishonors my body to carry this around. I want to be healthy and comfortable in my own skin. I want to set a good example for my kids.

I want to run a 5K...which is probably nothing to many of you, but sounds like a marathon to me. Running has always been so hard for me. This one would surely help with the first two, and I just want to prove to myself I can do it. But to do it, I need to get out there and DO IT!!

Always, I want to learn more about God. Spend time studying His word. Turned on the TV tonight and that lady pastor was talking right to me about making habits with the help of God, and making study a daily part of life. MAKE IT A HABIT TO LET GO AND LET GOD. She said it is no wonder we all run around confused: "What should I do? What should I do?" and frustrated when we can't figure it out for ourselves. How arrogant to think we can figure out a plan for ourselves that is better than God's.

One thing I had wanted to do was be better with skin care and moisturizing. OK, sounds silly, but it is tough for me to make good habits. I think I have finally gotten this one down ( and I am loving Johnson's Baby Oil Gel by the way...I put it on my face every night.)

Other accomplishments:
*Lots of reading- I am on Book 9 of the Left Behind series....want to finish all 12 before Jay gets home.
*Less processed food
*No potato chips or french fries in 2010 (the first concrete New Year's resolution I actually remember keeping!)
*More vegetables
*Less fast food junk- if I eat lunch out I am making a point to go to delis and studying the menu before I go so I know what to order
*Much less nighttime snacks
*DECREASE COMPUTER TIME- this was a big one for me...I feel guilty about "accidentally" ending up on the computer when the kids are around...I am succeeding at this! ...I am only on the computer when they are at school or in bed (right now!)

Well, if nothing else works, the motivation of "Don't underestimate me. I will not let you beat me." should get me moving. So if you see me around...just tell me you don't think I can do it. I'll prove you wrong.